Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Monday 4 January 2010

Christmas things coming down.

Oh my, how sad is it when all of the beautiful Christmas ornaments have to come down for Twelfth Night? To be perfectly honest with you my decorations do come down much earlier, but it’s only because the sight of the tree, for me, with no presents heaving under it is slightly depressing.


All of the surfaces in the house get covered for Christmas-so it does seem exceptionally odd to have to start dusting again!!
The advent things get packed away and the normal ornaments get taken out again.
I always feel there is a massive gap somewhere between the decorations coming down and spring time when the house can be filled with flowers.





Luckily DH has already spotted this and agreed to go to the Theatre with me to see The Nutcracker and Pride and Prejudice in the month of January. A better treat I can not imagine! I have never seen either of these in the theatre, and we will be making a night of it and going out for a lovely meal on one, fingers crossed for two, of these occasions. This may seem very dull for some people, but as the Husband and I never do this sort of thing, I'm really making a night of it!!



I adore the ballet in any form at all and I realise how lucky we are to be seeing The Nutcracker as it has amazing reviews. It will be the second ballet that we’ve seen together, the first was in the park. Yes, you did read right, in Duthie Park, on a giant big screen! It was the start of the season and was obviously Swan Lake. We had got a hold of some camping chairs and made our own little picnic with items hurriedly bought from a petrol station on the way there!



It honestly was one of the most magical times I ever spent with my husband. We were mostly distracted by two little girls in front of us dressed up as ballerinas, and running around. Mark got a message sent up on the big screen which said he was having a great time, it was so lovely. It became slightly less lovely when the fog rolled in from the Dee and managed to make us feel wet right through. We did, however, practically make a night of it then too. However, instead of a yummy Italian we had some chips on the way home to warm us up!

1 comment:

Amanda and Tim said...

It is indeed sad to see all the trimmings come down, but this year I was actually ready for it, as it means we are that much closer to moving (we're packing boxes and boxes full of stuff, not just the Christmas decorations). I do hope you enjoy the ballet, it sounds just perfect!