Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Just when you need it

I didn’t really know where to go from the last post, I was sort of hiding on the sidelines wondering if I said too much, and if I would have upset anybody. When I finally plucked up the courage to peek back onto this online world I noticed a comment from a lovely and kind person (Amanda over at http://meandyouat22.blogspot.com/) going through the whole ‘wishing I had a baby’ thing too. Not only was I extremely touched by this sweet move, but I feel so completely happy to know that I haven’t hurt anybody with my comments, especially as I know I’m not the worst off person in the world.



I would just love to say that the comment really made my day and was like a giant virtual hug!!

On to some other things though….slightly happier...well… I have turned 25! I was sort of fretting about this age as I thought I should have had a full time career, a child and a home by now, but no matter-we had a lovely day!! I got many beautiful and thoughtful presents. My Grama and Mum bought me gift vouchers for a beauty salon (are they trying to tell me something?!) At least now I can get rid of these horrible split ends!!
We got two cakes, one was a set of pink sparkle packed cupcakes, yes there are only two in the picture, but its only because we had a couple to ourselves before i could find a camara!!  The other one was a surprise, i think because the husband had already bought the candles and wanted to light them up-so he had a get a cake that wasn't just pure buttercream!

Though i do have to say, my Birthday was not the only one that was celebrated!!  Daisy Dog had a Birthday 'party' the day after mine!

3 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Hi hun

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. Mum is far more talented than me, she can both follow patterns and use a sewing machine!

I'm sure you upset nobody with your last post, I just had a read and can totally relate to it. I am very lucky in that I had my girls when I was 24 and 26 but I'd been broody since I was about 20 and felt like time was running out (even though obviously, it wasn't really!!!). They are lovely but a LOT of hard work, I really would say enjoy your freedom while you can because it's a lot different once you have kids and can't do anything spontaneously!

I often feel like I was born in the wrong time because I got married at 20 and although I like working part time I am dreading next year when my youngest will be starting school and I'll have to get a proper job again, I don't feel that drive to have a big career and I love being at home and being able to spend all the holidays with them etc. I'm sure you will get what you want in time hun, have faith and it will happen.

Big hugs, Mel xxxxxx

Amanda and Tim said...

I am so glad that my comment cheered you somewhat - if you ever want to talk, I'll be around... in fact I shall send you a quick email now xx

btw, I sign my comments with my blogger account as for some reason I can't get my Typepad one to work on some comments, so sorry about the funny "goose chase" you have to go on to find my new site!

Jeanne said...

Sheila,

I saw your comment on Amanda's Patch and just wanted to say hello! Amanda is such a wonderful support person and inspires those around her.

Take care,

Jeanne