Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Porridge for Breakfast

It’s actually hailstones right now! Can you believe it? Was that Autumn yesterday, and now its Winter?....No, bring back Autumn!  I don't want to go back to this...not yet, soon enough, but not yet!


Whatever it is, its time for some good warming food, that’s why I’m back to porridge for breakfast! Porridge is the perfect start to the day, whether its made with all water (and salt), milk and water, all milk or the utterly decadent tinned milk and milk it is too good to miss out on.

Apparently it is high in vitamin B6 which helps the brain produce chemicals which makes you feel good. That’s why I’m cheery even though it’s bitterly cold inside and out (or maybe its because I didn’t forget my lunch and have to go out in the rain?).

Anyway, it’s normal to have 1 cup of oats to 2-3 cups of fluid-whatever it may be. I'm a fan of jam on top of mine, although sugar, almonds, cinnamon, any seasonal fruit, honey or….salt, will do just as well.

Just stay warm!!
Sheila
x

No comments: