Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Sunday 19 December 2010

A Pause in Advent-Joy

So here we are, less than one week until Christmas Day and this week’s advent candle and post is Joy. Joy of light in the darkness, the joy of what we’re making, the memories and the realisation of dreams, joy comes in a whole host of varieties. Joy of helping others, joy of a quiet moment in a busy week, the thing is we need to grab all the joy we can. It’s the last week until Christmas and I am revelling in every second and moment of the joy this knowledge gives me. I am beyond excitement, I am truly happy staring at glistening lights and glittery ribbons.


I am normally happiest pottering around, but I am finding joy in all manner of things that I am all too aware cause panic to many. This is (and I'm saying this in a sing song voice now) the most wonderful time of the year.

I haven’t been to every carol concert or even a Christmas party. I didn’t want to and so I didn’t. I didn’t give cards to every single person i've ever known, I didn’t want to, and I'm sure people don’t want to bother writing out a card to me if they only met me for a little while in June. This isn’t about getting a whole bunch of cards or presents, this isn’t about having the most dust free home and perfectly hanging garland in the village, its about what brings joy to me and my family. It’s about how I want to spend my time and money. Right now I honestly can’t give my time to everything I should, but to deserving matters I can give money, to some others I can do other things which help. I've been preparing for Christmas since last Christmas, and I still haven’t ticked every box. But I am happy, I'm giving myself over to the things I want to and I am truly finding joy in this!
Have a great week
x

5 comments:

Travel With Lulu said...

What a lovely wreath :) So nice to hear you are savoring the season
XO L

Bonnie said...

This year I had to put aside the rushed and hectic side of the season. Your advent posts have been inspiring and a joy to read. This truly is the week of JOY.

Elizabethd said...

Thank you for your visit to me, it's so good to meet new friends.
you have a very readable blog....I'll be back!

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Lovely post Sheila ... I have had a joyous day with the grandchildren which is just how it should be. The dust can wait till another day or maybe even next year ;-)

Unknown said...

Hi, I popped over from A Pause in Advent. I could really relate to your comment about cards. I gave up on Christmas cards years ago, except for one friend who doesn't have a computer. But I do try to do a Smilebox ecard with current photos of our family, some encouraging Christmas praise and worship music, and a brief update full of our love to all. Even that takes time, but not as much as before, and I so enjoy the creative side of it that it is an encouragement to me as well. :)

Have a blessed week.