Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Thursday 6 January 2011

New Years Resolution

I have, for much too long, been overweight. You know where this post is going now….don’t you? Like a lot of people I try to make New Years Resolutions. I understand that an awful lot of people say that they’d like to shed a few lbs, however my ‘journey’ is a wee bit harder than that.
I am in the obese category of any BMI and NEED to lose three stone to be in the green area of the indicator.
Seeing as I got to this point by myself you’d think I could get out of it by myself, but no, its been like this for a little while….actually since I’ve been with The Husband (yup, that old story).
So from now on I will post each week what, if any weight fluctuations there have been. This is entirely to keep me accountable, and hopefully I can keep this up. I'm hoping that I'm practically shamed into keeping this up. So, one week today I shall post to say what fluctuations there have been…I'm sure it’ll take some time before I think up some snappy name for the weigh in, but if and when I do I'm sure I will post that too!

*wish me luck*
x

10 comments:

The undomesticated scientist said...

Good luck, i too have to do something about my weight and know how hard it can be to shift it! sending you lots of motivation . x

MelMel said...

I wish you lots of luck, I reached breaking point, about 10 yrs ago, and went to slimming world, it was the only proper help I had had and I lost 5 stone, I've managed to keep it off, by walking, and mainly sticking to the slimming world ethos, my weight goes up n down in a healthy way within a half stone kind of way, but seems to have stuck at a balanced 10stone...
If you read my blog, go back a couple of Christmases back and you will see before n after pics....bravely shard by me!
Very best with it my dear!xxx

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I am on a similar journey and I too am of an obese size - blooming fun getting here but so hard to get back!

daisychain said...

Good luck with this lovely x

Bonnie said...

Good luck on your journey. Hugs!

Jennyff said...

Mmm, I should be going down that route but there are still the Christmas cake, chocolates and cheese. Maybe next month, meanwhile I wish you luck and a very happy New Year.

Elizabethd said...

I hope it goes well for you. I lost weight on the GI (glycaemic index) diet, without really trying.

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

Good luck! It's so easy to put on the weight and so damn hard to shift it isn't it x

Lynne said...

Wishing you well in your quest.

Rachel said...

I' in the same boat - I wish you luck with it! :)