Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Friday 24 June 2011

A trip West

A teeny wee while ago i posted about a trip my Uncle, Aunt and myself took westward for an event.  They were very kind in asking me if i'd like to go with them as i was a teeny bit lonely what with The Husband being away from home and working on the other side of the world!

My uncle was doing something or other and my Aunt and i decided to head to the church and then over to the Lonach hall.  You may have heard of this tiny place as its where Billy Connolly lives.
Its such a beautiful part of the world.  I love it as its really hilly which is something we don't have here.
We met up with such lovely people and the church service had three of my favourite hymns in it-What a Friend we have in Jesus, Glory, Glory Hallelujah and Then Sings my Soul.  I really love the louder and faster hymns!

We met up with my Uncle after a lovely afternoon tea and tumbola-in which i won a can of cola and a tub of hand cream-and we all had a little walk with Daisy Dog.

It was a lovely day and i was so happy for the company and chance to meet up with some old friends and meet lots of new ones.

No comments: