Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Monday 19 November 2012

Holidays are Coming

The other day I set out for lunch time like any other day. We’re allowed to take lunch between 12-2 and we can take the whole two hours if we want to, just as long as we make up the time. On Thursdays I normally go to the lunch time concert at the Art Gallery which is a building beautiful beyond belief and has always been my place of calm whether physically there or whilst meditating when getting a reiki. Anyway….i set out to get to my concert in time when what did I see?

The coca-cola lorry! THE holidays do start when I see that advert. Oh that and the Irn Bru one, the John Lewis one……..
This has to mean the beginning of Christmas. I can’t wait to start seeing all of the other things that mean we’re well and truly in the jolliest season.

4 comments:

lemonade kitty said...

On Sunday I noticed all the lovely twinkling lights and woodland scenes in NEXT's window and I got a shiver of excitiment, but like you as soon as I see the Coca Cola advert on TV I know Christmas is well and truly on it's way!! Lucey x

Kath said...

Hello Sheila, thankyou for your comment about the carnival.
We took the family out for lunch on Sunday to find the pub had all their decorations out and it looked lovely. It made me feel quite Christmassy.

Jane and Chris said...

Driving home the other night my hubby saw houses with lit Christmas lights.
Jane x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sweet Sheila! DO you know that your post has just lifted my soul?There is too much to explain why, but I see here how ART GALLERIES are important for our culture and society. I was deeply disappointed this weekend to be in my first and last art show, to find that original art (me) is very difficult and nearly impossible to sell to make a living. I always KNEW that but this weekend I lived it.

But art is necessary and I guess I will use it as like one friend put it, THE JAM, making work (I am a teacher) my bread and butter.

Thank you so much for your kind words today and yes, I love those two dogs on my post!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Anita