Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Summer Holiday? No Thanks!


I would and always have loved to go on a skiing holiday. Well, when I say skiing it doesn’t mean to say that I can, in actual fact, ski. I think I would prefer the sort of holiday where I really just rest, look at snow and perhaps find a lovely spa.


With us looking at holidays more and more as time passes we are starting to think of what we could do and when. I blogged earlier in the month about going to London for our anniversary in October, this means that we are wondering what to do as a two week holiday at another time of the year. I didn’t want to squish two holidays very close together as its not like we have loads of time off or money!

Skiing in Hochfuegen - Zillertal - Austria
This takes me nicely back to my first statement about a skiing holiday. TH is already very good but I wouldn’t mind if we spent time apart through the day every so often for him to get back into it. There seems to be so much to do and I was looking at the food you get in some of these places too…which all but swung it for me!  I love Scotland and we have the Cairngorms here for having a 'wee' go first, so I think this could be on the cards for sure!

The chalets look gorgeous and I do believe that you should ‘splash out’ a bit on holiday. I’m frugal like the best of them, but I won’t do cheap for the sake of it. I think Best Value when on holiday-I mean, you are away from home, why not make it the best it can be?

I’ve been looking up loads of sites and I really like http://www.supertravel.co.uk I’m a person that wants to feel totally in control of what I do and when so I love searching for my own deals and bargains and more importantly tailoring making my holiday. I have been following the blog posts for a while and after looking at the pictures and day dreaming for way longer than is normal I feel like i should just make my dream happen.  Right now I am searching through hotels that have a sauna and swimming pool. I wish I could afford to go to one of the chalets, but I think I will have to wait a long time before that!

No comments: