Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Saturday 2 March 2013

The Treats You Buy After Pay Day!



I have very dry hands, it doesn’t really help that when I get nervous I seem to scratch at my poor thumbs making them even more scraggly and rough looking. I work with paper a lot and that takes all of the softness and sweetness away from your skin, which really is a pest as I have always worked with paper or material which tends to do the same. I have tried all sorts of creams and potions and when I was younger would wear mitts to bed loaded with nappy rash cream in a bid to have baby soft hands.
My work drawer is filled with lotions and most surfaces at home get covered in containers of hand cream until I pile them into my bag or decant them back into bathroom cabinets. I have fought this battle too long and spent too much money on a variety of products. I think I have finally learned what any sensible person could have told me a long time ago:

If you find something that works, stick with it.

If you know it is expensive and it works, save up and use it.

This is what I am now going to do. I have spent lots of money on many different things when I really could have stuck with one thing all along. It is a total false sense of austerity. I now use a sugar scrub especially designed for your hands as well as l’occitane shea butter hand cream. I apply it throughout the day and I think my hands are getting better for it. I also have changed out all the soaps in the house for l’occitane ones and even carry soap for work as we have some industrial strength one in the toilets at present. I’m not a beauty blogger-nor do I think I could ever be one (I’m a wee bit too lazy for that), but I am evangelical about things that work just right.

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

I always bought Loccitane when we lived in France, and have never found a hand cream to beat theirs.